Full Service Design Studio
When I started at Bassett & Brush Design Studio, the month after graduation from Easter Washington University with a BA degree in Graphic Communication, Bassett & Brush consisted of the Owner/Designer Scott, Senior Designer (by a couple weeks) Jacy, and myself as Designer and Prepress Checker (AKA. The Groomer). I was lucky enough to get to work on a plethora of different projects at Bassett & Brush. It started out mainly as audio and video design elements but as the word got out the opportunity to design a lot of different cool things like Logos, Catalogs, Newsletters, hanging items for retail, software packaging, and much more.
In the 3 years I worked for Scott, we moved out of Scott’s daylight basement into offices, doubled and then tripled our client base, added several more designers, and office staff. I was the researcher and maintainer of the office hardware, the network (anyone remember AppleTalk?), and computers in the office.
I designed or worked on the production of several product catalogs. Most notably and not easy to photograph are several catalogs containing staggered pages differentiating the different sections of products. VERY COOL!
I have a large number of different designs of software packing that I can show in person. I was able to design using Corel photography and prepress check these and many like them.
CD and DVD Packaging
Labels and Other Packaging
I was able to product this line of new wine labels with another great designer (Jacy from MT). I also worked on several product hang tag designs.
Logo Design and Taglines
I was the designer of the Topics line of products which launched a company name change. Along the way I was able to develop taglines like “Setting the pace for the new century” from the info in the ‘Pace Report’ and being printed in the ‘New Century’ newsletter.
Graphic Designer and Prepress Technician (July 1995 – Aug 1998)
- Created designs for software packaging, CD/DVD, and cassette packaging and screen prints
- Designed catalog covers
- Designed logos and developed taglines
- Updated local monthly Newsletters (articles and images)
- Prepress checked all designs from all the B&BDS designers manually for output to film for 4 color, foil, Pantone specific layers, and coatings
- Created prepress postscript files of all required layers for all prepress checked designs coming out of the studio
- Backed up and filed all design materials used in my projects while at Bassett & Brush
- Maintained and updated computers and the network